International poster competition for students and graduates who have completed their studies in the last 5 years entitled FOR / AGAINST (ZA/PRZECIW)
Academy of Art in Szczecin.
Dydo Gallery in Kraków
Faculty of Arts, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn
Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź
CEIDA — China Europe International Design Culture Association
The competition is an accompanying event to the 27th Poster Biennale in Warsaw 2020
THE AIM OF THE COMPETITION:
Selection of the most interesting graphic creations (posters) constituting a visual commentary to the title slogan.
The competition is open to university students of any faculties as well as to graduates who have completed their studies in the last 5 years (diploma obtained not earlier than in 2015). Participation in the competition is voluntary and free of charge. Competition works must be prepared and submitted individually. The competition is open and one-stage.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION:
1. Participants who have read the Regulations and accepted their provisions may join the competition.
2. In order to participate in the competition it is necessary to submit: – competition work in accordance with the guidelines provided in the regulations; – a completed application form with: address details and work code, name of the university, country and the year of graduation in the case of graduates; – signed Statement (annex to the regulations).
3. When sending the competition work, the author: – agrees to the free of charge transfer of all the property rights to the poster design to the Organizer of the competition – declares that the work does not violate the rights of third parties, in particular does not violate their moral rights – agrees to the processing of his/her personal data contained in the competition offer.
4. Participants submit their work anonymously, each work should be assigned a six-digit code consisting of numbers, upper-case and lower-case letters.
5. The participant may submit a maximum of 3 posters (each must be provided with a separate entry form and code).
6. The winning works selected during the competition become the property of the Competition Organizer, who may use them in any way. Along with the results of the competition, the finalists shall transfer, to the Organizer, all the copyrights to the winning works as well as they shall grant permission for the use of works in all fields of exploitation.
SUBMISSION OF COMPETITION WORKS:
1. An overview version of each submitted competition work should be sent via the form available on the competition’s website, together with the statement of acceptance of the regulations: www.poster.pja.edu.pl as a digital file: format: 10 × 7 cm (only portrait orientation), 300 dpi, RGB, jpg (maximum 5 MB) until the 30th of July 2020.
2. Each work should be named with a six-digit code consisting of numbers, lower-case and upper-case letters (the same which the author assigned to the work in the application form), for example: 601Ak3.jpg It is absolutely forbidden to provide first name and surname in any place at work.
3. The finalists will be informed of the results by e-mail and will be required to send two copies of printed posters in B1 format (70 × 100 cm) by post or to deliver them personally to the following address: Dydo of the Poster Gallery, al. Focha 1, 30-111 Kraków, by the 10th of September 2020. Works should not be stuck onto a rigid surface. The following should be placed on the packaging: „Konkurs: ZA/PRZECIW”. Poster authors bear the cost of printing and shipping. It is possible to print posters through Galeria Dydo in Krakow after payment of a fee in the amount of 80 PLN (for printing two copies of posters) to the account of Galeria Dydo or the PayPal portal. All details will be given to the finalists at a later date in a separate email correspondence.
4. The deadline for submitting competition works (index prints): 30 July 2020
5. Competition works that do not meet the requirements referred to in the Competition Regulations or submitted after the deadline will not be evaluated by the Jury.
6. Works containing content commonly considered offensive and vulgar will not be allowed to enter the competition.
Announcement of the Competition: 30 May 2020
Project submission date: 30 July 2020.
Announcement of the finalists (50 best posters): 20 August 2020.
Announcement of the winners: October 2020
Delivery of printed works for the exhibition: 10 September 2020
Post-competition exhibitions: October 2020 – October 2021.
From all submitted applications, an international jury will select winners :
1st place: 2500 PLN
2nd place: 1500 PLN
3rd place: 1000 PLN
and 50 best posters which will be presented during five post-competition exhibitions in Kraków, Warsaw, Szczecin, Olsztyn and Łódź in Poland.
Selected posters will be presented at post-competition exhibitions organized by:
- Dydo Gallery in Krakow, Poland
- Rektorska Gallery of the Academy of Art in Szczecin, Poland
- Faculty of Arts, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
- Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź (Studio of Poster and Spatial Graphics)
- The Norblin Factory in Warsaw, Poland
- Zhengzhou (capital of Henan Province) in China.
The finalists of the competition will receive the relevant certificates.
The organizer reserves the right to change the dates, place and form of exhibition of works in virtual space and makes these factors dependent on the epidemic situation (local and global).
1. Competition works will be evaluated by an international Competition Jury:
Lech Majewski, Poland
Suzana Machicao, Bolivia
Götz Gramlich, Germany
Agnieszka Ziemiszewska, Poland
Leo Lin, Taiwan
Xavier Bermúdez, Mexico
Tomoko Miyagawa, Japan
Arafat Al-Naim, UAE
Laze Tripkov, Macedonia
Natalia Dydo, Poland
Olga Severina, Ukraine / USA
Adam Klasa, Poland
Hervé Matine, France
Rikke Hansen, Denmark
Krzysztof Ducki, Hungary
Xu Wei, China
2. The task of the Jury is to evaluate the Competition works and to select the 50 most interesting creations and winners.
3. The results of the competition will be published on the Competition website: www.poster.pja.edu.pl
4. The jury’s decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
Joining the competition means that in the case of qualification of the selected projects, the authors of these projects shall transfer to the Organizer – on an exclusive basis and without territorial and time restrictions – all the copyrights to the works in the fields of exploitation specified in art. 50 of the Act of the 4th of February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (Journal of Laws of 2019, item 1231 consolidated text, as amended). Refusal to transfer copyright results in the withdrawal of the work from the competition. The organizer has the right to make changes to the project due to the change of the field of use in which the project will be used; decide whether, when and to what extent the project will be disseminated. Competition participants agree to the processing of their personal data for the purposes necessary to implement the competition in accordance with the content of the Statement, which is attached to these Regulations. By joining the competition, you agree to the terms of these regulations without reservation. Members of the Jury cannot participate in the competition or consult competition works. The competition organizer is not responsible for any extension, shortening, modification or cancellation of the competition for reasons beyond its control.
1. The Organizer is not responsible for any material or non-material damage, including damage, loss, violation of bodily integrity or moral losses suffered by the Participant as a result of his/her participation in the Competition or as a result of awarding or not awarding him/her with a prize.
2. The Participant bears full and sole responsibility in the event that his/her application for participation in the Competition violates the rights of third parties, the provisions of the Regulations or applicable law.
3. The Organizer is not responsible for the factors affecting the correctness of entries: errors, omission, theft, destruction, exchange, unauthorized access to entries, loss of entries or their delay in delivery to the Organizer caused by factors beyond the Organiser’s control.
Winners will be notified by email. In all matters not covered by these Regulations, the relevant provisions of the Civil Code and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council shall apply. All disputes regarding the Competition arising between the Organizer and Participants will be settled by a court of law competent for the registered office of the Organizer. All information is provided by the competition secretariat with its registered office in the Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology in Warsaw: firstname.lastname@example.org